City: Fort Collins
Harrison Western rehabilitated almost half of this two-mile, trans-mountain irrigation water tunnel that was originally built in 1910. HW removed degraded steel and timber sets and filled dangerous overhead cavities with structural foam. After a major scaling operation, HW reinforced the tunnel with new steel sets, pattern rock bolting, shotcrete, and pressure grouting. The project also grew in scope to include new portal culverts and a new headgate.